A few minutes ago I was trying to cover a pan with aluminum foil. You'd think it'd be easy, but not really. The foil would rip, fall into the food, or not get in quite the shape I wanted it to. That got me thinking about this analogy...
Aluminum foil acts a lot like we do. Now before you start thinking I'm crazy for using that as an analogy, think about it. Aluminum foil can easily wad up into a shiny silver ball, or tear. Kind of like us, we'll easily go with the crowd, and try to blend in. But whenever you're trying to get aluminum foil in a specif shape like how I was, it never seems to work. It either tears, or takes on a completely different shape than we want it to. God's trying to shape us, but instead of letting Him shape us, we often try to go with the flow of the world. We don't always want to take on the shape that He wants us to. But ultimately, it's for our own good. Or for the food's own good in this case. We just need to let Him shape and mold us how He wants us to be like.
Kayla Joy