I was reading 1 Corinthians 13:4-7 tonight. "Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres." I kept thinking, "I'm bad at so many of those things! I'm not patient. I'm not always very kind, I envy at times. I'm self-seeking, often thinking about me and not others. I can be easily angered! I talk too much and don't listen enough, and I definitely am cautious to trust."
The good news? I'm not hopeless. And neither are you. 2 Corinthians 12:9 says, "But he said to me, 'My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.' Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me." God knows we mess up. He knows we don't have perfect love. That's why His grace is sufficient for us. His grace covers all of our weakness. And His grace does more than cover our weaknesses, His power is "made perfect in weakness".
Kayla Joy