I watched as the nine month old baby got placed in the baby saucer. Almost instantly, his face lit up. He squealed with excitement, and twirled in circles, looking at all the toys within his reach. His little legs moved fifty miles an hour, spinning him in all directions. He couldn’t get over how exciting this was, and for the next half hour, I could hear him squealing and giggling with pure joy.
This is one of the many, countless reasons I love kids. They have such genuine joy, over what seems like the smallest thing to us. They have a different perspective. Instead of tiring over seeing what they’ve seen a million times before, they react each time with newfound delight. When I see an old play house, they see as a castle, when I see a lego piece, they see a city of legos.
As adults, somewhere along the way, we seem to have lost this. We easily tire, and rarely find joy in the little things. Even things such as showing God’s love to people becomes wearisome. If we’ve showed His love to someone before, then we can just stop and be done with it, right? Galatians 6:9, however, doesn’t say that. It says, “Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.”
No matter what age you are, no matter how many times you’ve shown God’s love to someone, no matter how weary you are of people rejecting God’s love, don’t give up. Remind yourself of how amazing God really is, what He gave up for you. Reminding yourself of this really gives you a new perspective again, and an excitement for sharing God’s love to everyone. And, finally, as Galatians says, don’t give up.
Kayla Joy